garlic parmesan spaghetti squash
I've had my eye on this recipe for the longest time and one day at the grocery story I spotted a spaghetti squash and just went for it. Best decision ever and I will for sure be making this again maybe with shrimp. This dish is super easy and works well as a side or main dish.
What you need:
1 spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil plus more for brushing
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 small shallot finely chopped
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Parsley for garnish optional
Paprika for garnish optional
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400º F
2. With a knife, carefully score squash and poke holes lengthwise where you’re going to cut it in half.
3. Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Carefully cut the squash in a half. Scoop out the seeds.
5. Brush the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the two halves cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Roast the squash until tender, about 30 minutes. Allow several minutes to cool.
8. Using a fork, scrape the insides to create a spaghetti-like texture. Set aside.
9. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots. Season with salt an pepper. Cook until soft and slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
10. Mix in the spaghetti squash for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Mix in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with paprika and parsley (optional)
Recipe from: Salu Salo