What you need: Makes 24
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
zest of 2 lemons
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
What to do:
1. In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds and sugar. Whisk to combine.
2. Make a well in the center of your flour mixture and add your oil, water, lemon juice, vanilla and zest.
3. Mix well and stir until a cohesive dough forms.
4. Place mixture in the fridge for an hour, or longer The refrigeration helps the cookies not to spread while baking.
5. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
6. Once your dough has chilled and your oven is preheated, using a cookie scoop, scoop your dough and slightly flatten each cookie.
7. Fill each cookie sheet with 12 cookies, leaving about 1.5" between each cookie as they will spread. Keep your second sheet in the fridge while you bake your first one.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and let cool before adding glaze. Add your 2nd sheet and repeat.
9. Prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar and lemon juice together until a thick glaze forms.
10. Glaze cookies once completely cool. Store in an airtight container for a week. Enjoy!
Notes: If you don't have a cookie scooop but want to make sure they are all the same size, measure them to be about 30 grams each.
Recipe from: Cosette's KItchen