Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
Disclaimer: Don't tell your friends what hides inside these blondies... they may never guess that they contain chickpeas!
What you need:Makes 9 bars
1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup honey can substitute maple syrup for a vegan option
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 TBS almond milk
2 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips
extra sea salt & chocolate chips for the top
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" glass baking pan and set aside.
Put all ingredients except for chocolate chips into your blender (Vitamix) or food processor. Joy highly recommends a great blender like the Vitamix so you get a perfectly smooth consistency.
3. Blend until creamy and smooth.
4. Once smooth, add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
5. Pour mixture into your prepared pan and spread out evenly.
6. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and sea salt on top.
7. Bake in your preheated oven for 20-30 mintues until the edges just pull away from the pan, the top is set and slightly golden brown.
8. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
9. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe from: Joy Food Sunshine