The perfect combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake to satisfy all your pre-thanksgiving desires.
What you need: Makes 1 9-inch cheesecake
Pumpkin cheesecake filling
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese , room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup (8 oz) canned or homemade pumpkin puree
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the crumbs with the spices and the melted butter. With your fingers, press evenly on the bottom and the sides of a 9 round pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
3. In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer , add the cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and heavy cream. With the paddle attachment on, stir on low speed until fluffy. Add the egg and blend well.
4. Reserve 2/3 cup of the cheese mixture.
5. Add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spices to the remaining cheese mixture.
6. Pour the pumpkin cheese mixture into the chilled crust. Spread evenly.
7. With a spoon, drop dollops of the reserved cream cheese mixture and make some swirls with a fork or knife.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the center is set.
9. Turn the oven off, leave the door open and let the cheesecake cool for at least 1 hour. Run a knife around the cheesecake for easy removal of the pan.
10.Refrigerate for a couple of hours before slicing.
Recipe adapted from: a trEATs affair