Healthy vegan almond butter cookies
The thing that caught my eye about this recipe was the ingredient dates. I have been using them more frequently in recipes and hadn't tried them in cookies before. If you aren't a fan of almond butter you can substitute peanut butter. If you are also a chocolate fan like me you might want to drizzle some melted chocolate over the tops of the cookies. Everything is better with chocolate...
What you need:
½ cup creamy almond butter
1 cup oats
8 pitted medjool dates
5 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (soy milk could work also)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. In a food processor, add almond butter, oats and dates and pulse a few times.
3. Add in almond milk, baking powder and vanilla and pulse until a dough is formed (my rolled into a big ball of dough).
4. Add about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie and line across the tray. Press down a little gently and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Once out of oven, use a fork to press down a bit more. Let cookies cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Will stay good in tupperware for 2-3 days at room temp or you can freezer for 2 month
Recipe from: Rachl Mansfield