baby birthday cake
What you need:
For the cake:
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs or 6 egg whites*
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 cups cake flour **
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
For the frosting:
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 Cup (2 sticks) of Softened butter (we have used both salted and unsalted, but we normally use salted.)
2-3 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the extract.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk and add it to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Fill and frost the cake with your favorite frosting.
Cake recipe from: Baked by an Introvert
Frosting recipe from: Two Sisters Crafting