Most of the time I decide what I want to make after seeing what I have in the fridge or pantry. I'm sure you can guess that I decided on this because I had a ton of sweet potatoes waiting to be used and two hungry parents waiting for dinner. This bowl is easily versitile, you can switch out grains and veggies in this and spice the chickpeas to your liking. This is a great bowl if you are looking for a quick healthy dinner recipe. You can even double the recipe and take the leftovers for lunch, like I did.
What you need: Serves 2-3
What to do:
1. Start by cooking brown rice.* Add rice and 2 cups of water to a pot, season with salt and cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Rinse, drain, then dry chickpeas. Remove skins for an extra crunchy finish. Mix chickpeas with 1 teaspoon of oil, garlic powder, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Arrange chickpeas on one side of the baking tray in a single layer.
4. Cut sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces and place them on the baking tray too. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chili. Bake chickpeas and sweet potato for 25-30 minutes.
5. Heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan, add crushed garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. For the tahini dressing mix together tahini, lime juice, maple syrup with a little water.**
7. Add rice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and spinach to a big bowl and top with the tahini dressing. Enjoy!
*You can use any grain you like, I used quinoa
**My tahini dressing came out a little funny tasting, I used lemon instead of lime but I don't think it should have made a big difference. You can use any dressing you like.
Recipe from: GreenEvi